Banana Chips & Other Simple Dehydrated Fruits
Banana Chips & other simple dehydrated fruits
Recipe Type: Dessert
My family loves these healthy treats so much they never last very long. We think they taste like healthier versions of Starburst candies. I hope you will like them as much as we do!
- 4-8 slightly ripened bananas, they should be starting to go brown and may even have spots (You can use any ripe fruit that you may have, the riper the sweeter.)
- 4-8 lemons, juiced and de-seeded
- Cut bananas (or other fruit) into slices, ¼ – ½ inch thick. If you want longer pieces, cut them lengthwise and at an angle
- Put the banana pieces in a bowl with the lemon and mix by hand be sure not to squash the banana pieces.
- Let marinate until all bananas are cut up.
- Mix well.
- In a dehydrator place the banana chips on non-stick sheets so they don’t get stuck in the screen or on the shelves.
- If you don’t have the non-stick sheets, use parchment paper.
- If you need a dehydrator there is a link below where I got an Excalibur 4-tray dehydrator on Amazon for only $130. This includes non-stick sheets.
- Check 8 hours later. If the tops are dry, flip them.
- It usually takes two days to really get them chewy. The lemon on the banana makes this an awesome sweet-sour treat everyone will love.